//CSS CODES
//Main
Daren, Liyan, Junqiang and myself went on a little outing to Labrador Park today. This morning drizzle and breeze left not much to be desired for with muddy grounds and very wet people. Ha ha. Daren was especially wet! Wet has many meanings I see. The 4 of us were not in role at all..Who could tell we are chers? Not with our crazy antics of seeing who gets to kick the fallen fruits into the sea. Oh well, luckily for us, we all scored one goal each! I cheated of course… I used my bottle to steer the fruit into the sea instead of kicking! Ha ha.
We took photos by the jetty area and managed to catch a glimpse of what looked like 2 Chinooks from the sky. These helicopters looked so huge that we stood in awe (perhaps suaku-ness?) as they zoomed past us. We then made our way to the Long Ya Men or Dragon’s Tooth, a resurrected attraction, as Liyan tells us. I did not even know such a place existed! Actually, it is like some piece of extremely huge rock jutting out of nowhere. It kinda reminded me of the Singapore Stone, something I had learnt about in my geography module at NUS. Yes call me a suaku or mountain tortoise! There are so many things I do not know yet about Singapore! Everyday is a new discovery!
After our fieldtrip, we headed to a market nearby for makan before trooping to Daren’s house for some mahjong session. I do not know how to play mahjong of course, and Daren taught us the basics. We did not play with real money of course, but we played for the fun of it. We also played bridge and dai di, but I really cannot make it sia.. Ha ha, always the fun to lose. That’s me. I also got to know my classmates a little better after today’s chilling out session. These are the classmates whom I have come to know in the cherz academy, and with whom I will embarking on a trip to Vietnam with in December. I am looking forward to more hours of fun and non-stop laughter with them! I am sure these are wonderful memories that I will take away with me when I graduate and go on to my teaching career.
Although many people may not agree with me, I feel that every friend who becomes a good friend to me is really a gift from God, clichéd as it may sound. Without God, I will not have come to know so many wonderful colleagues cum friends in the cherz academy! I will be sure to update on the Vietnam trip when we return. Oh ya, for now, to settle Liyan’s present! I hope she still does not know what we have up our sleeves.. Ha ha. The naughty, mischievous Jan is back at work! Full of mischief and bright ideas waiting to be unleashed!
enlightened apvunsoul- 6:33 AM |