//CSS CODES
//Main
Ms Devi, my former lit teacher in Sec 2 has passed away on Sunday due to a heart attack. Received the news from Denise at 5 am plus today and in turn I passed on the message to other KCians. I did not know whether or not to believe it at first, as I had seen her around in NIE last semester.
Later on in the day, Amy confirmed the terrible news. Dot, Eunice, Vivian(Eunice's sis) and I made our way down to St Joseph's Church in the evening to pay our last respects to this wonderful teacher. Although she did not teach me for very long and she has probably forgotten who I am ( I was really very low profile kind you know), Ms Devi has helped me in my guiding days. I remember the Hostess badge that Yeong Sing and I had to earn and she gladly accepted our invitation to be the guest while we played host to her and welcomed her to dine with us. Ms Devi is someone who always calls us sweeties or darlings or dears, and she was not the DM that everyone was afraid of. She had a caring heart and kind words for her students.
I saw many other KCians when we got there. Many of them looked like our juniors..I hate to admit it but I am not young anymore! We exchanged brief conversations with one another and I was glad that we had each other in our KC network, to count on for joys and for sorrows. Where else do you find in the world, a place where you know friends for close to a decade or longer, and a place where teachers remember you fondly and a place where you know you never really left because your heart is still there? KC is my alma mater. My home. My haven. All my fellow KCians know this fact. We never really leave KC after all these years. Even though Ms Devi has left, we still remember her and we honour her in our memory. Ms Devi, I will not forget you.
enlightened apvunsoul- 9:08 AM |