//CSS CODES
//Main
One of my all-time favourites, Pastor Sy Rogers has this to say, "Christianity does not make us immune to our sexual passions. Everything doesn't get 'fixed' just because we come into relationship with God. "
In short, we are not immune to our humanity even as we come into Christianity. We are not divorced from the many experiences in our lives that hae shaped our fears, our hopes and our values. We are who we are because we have a history. Pastor Sy is an endearing speaker with a testimony that raises many eyebrows. Once upon a time a gay, he has left that lifestyle to believe in a God who came into his life.
I find him very endearing because he is a living example of what God can do for the ordinary you and me on the street. This is not a story of the "glorious" past anyone of us have but it is a story of the grace of God that can reach literally anybody on the street. As for myself, I thank God for making me the way I am. Even as I am flawed and there are many things about myself I wish to change I believe that God can help me along the way.
As I have mentioned earlier in another post, God is more interested in my character, not my comfort. I believe I am where I am because God wants me to be. In spite of all the uncertainties of the blur future, I want to have faith. I want to make it. I'm going to make it.
enlightened apvunsoul- 9:49 PM |