//CSS CODES
//Main
Today I taught Lit in school. And I made a silly and hilarious mistake, but this is really my falut as I had not pre-empted such a reaction from the class! I was teaching Animal Farm to a Sec class, and wanted the kids to draw objects that represent character traits of certain characters in the book.
What I did was to give an example by drawing a cactus and linking it to the quality of resilience. What I had not realised was that the class was laughing at my drawing, and it took me a while to realise why they were laughing. They obviously thought it was some phallic symbol and things got out of hand when I drew the thorns on the cactus. Silly me. I forgot that students can be cheeky at times! Ha ha.
I learnt a lesson from this encounter. Always pre-empt what students will think and act. By the way I tried very hard to suppress my laughter too and tried to act as if nothing happened. :P
enlightened apvunsoul- 7:14 AM |