//CSS CODES
//Main
Just went to watch the show with Dear. This is quite a good film, better than I expected. It portrays the kind of problem that our society faces these days. The lack of encouragement. I remember my cousin making this comment some time back when I told her I was apprehensive about going to neighbourhood schools to teach. She said that kids dun go bad on their own, they go bad for reasons that are very real.
Perhaps a teacher's role and job is not as revered locally as in other countries. Last year's papers had an article about teachers who were given ipods in the UK. Expensive would you say? But here, teachers are not appreciated, if anything they bear the brunt of any parental complaints and learn to take it in their stride. They learn NOT TO EXPECT anything in return, especially kindness. Ha.
As I am about to be sent out to a school soon for practicum and know not what lies ahead of me, I hope honestly to put into practice what my TPP instructor taught me. She's a retired principal whose words of wisdom have graced my days as I recall her advice. " As you go out to teach, remember to uphold the integrity and professionalism of the civil service. " What I should know about teaching-it is not just head knowledge..it is HEART knowledge. Madam, I hope to meet you again for you have made a difference in my life, and I know for a fact that that day of the TPP, God let our paths cross.
enlightened apvunsoul- 5:42 AM |