//CSS CODES
//Main
Over the past few weeks, life has been a series of fast forwards and back tracking for me.. Just emailed Mrs Tan yesterday to inform her that I had been posted to Bedok Green. And that I was shocked about Ms Devi's demise and asked how everyone was coping. Mrs Tan misses Ms Devi too. I don't think any other lit teacher i know could ever go round calling us sweeties and really treat us like sweetie pies. Sigh.
I do not blame fate or circumstances, nor do I blame God for my posting. I guess He knows what is best for me and I'm just going to go by trust. After coming home from school today, I was happliy taking a nap, occasionally interrupted by Yanfeng who comes to my room and calls me jie jie. Suddenly, this phone call comes and awakens me from my sleep and Evelyn tells me that Ms Yee is my supervisor for the practicum! I mean, yes I was thinking it would be nice if I could have someone whom I knew for practicum supervise me. I was hoping it could be Ms Yee or Dr Alvin Leong, my gesl supervisor. Praise the Lord for answering an unspoken thought! Sophie and I got Ms Yee as our supervisor.
I'm just very thankful that it is not so-and-so, for the fact that so-and-so is very fussy and picky about my teaching performance. Thank God. I believe that I can make a good lit teacher, perhaps not the ra ra type or the kee siao type..ha ha. But I'm able to help my students understand concepts and appreciate the pleasure of reading. Now, I need more confidence in myself, esp when it comes to pedagogy for teaching geography..I feel very ill-prepared for geography. Anyway, I guess I just got to pick up as I go along.
12:30am..And not in bed. Still thinking of how wonderful God is to me. I never even specifically asked for Ms Yee to be my supervisor. It was just a nice thought that became a pleasant reality. Many thanks to Benjamin who lent me his prac file and other resources. I'm just so grateful that on my teaching journey, I've been guided and handheld all the way. It's a small start to greater things ahead.
enlightened apvunsoul- 8:22 AM |