//CSS CODES
//Main
I am in hot soup becos my first lesson obs by my soup is bad. Alot of minuses and few pluses on my apt form. I not only stared blankly but I also broke down when I saw my form. Ms Yee also offered lots of constructive feedback, to be fair to her, she did. However, she went a step further by comparing my lesson plan to a fellow trainee's, whose lesson plan was so interesting and went so well. Anyway, my lit ct has been very patient and nice with me. He sat in my class today with 2/3 and it was not as bad as yesterday's lesson.
I guess these are the things I want to look into for my next observation and subsequent teachings:
- ability to engage the kids with student-centred activities.
- building rapport with kids
- showing enthusiasm for my subject
-being a less passive person, how to teach lit if you are passive??
- thinking of less boring activities to do
- creative pedagogies
Pure geog class with 3/2/4...our class was rudely disrupted by the horrid emergency drill practice. When we finally settled down in class, my students as usual were rowdy and some groups paid me little attention. However, there were others who genuinely cared about their test tomorrow and wanted me to explain some concepts again. I feel that the topic on natural vegetation is really easily readable. If the kids cannot sit down and read it for themselves, then I do not know how else they can study and know the topic for themselves.
Rapport with the class is slowly building, although some groups are still turned off and totally disengaged in my lessons. i guess from now on i want to be reflective in my geog lesson preparations so that i can be a better teacher.
enlightened apvunsoul- 12:40 AM |