//CSS CODES
//Main
As my dear friend Shouwee had blogged in her blog about the students with a whole new toilet (ha ha), I find myself thrown into a whole new world this week. Suddenly I feel like Harry Potter, soaring up on my broom and leaving the ground to seek the Other, the unknown. Sitting in my HOD's SS lesson was one of the best things that happened this week.
Mrs Wadhwani delivered a wonderful and engaging lesson on the introduction to Northern Ireland to a NA class. Her lesson was so fun and interesting, with all the soccer images and serene songs and an in house DJ to rock the class. The kids had the pleasure of working in groups to draw images that explained the causes of conflict while the music was playing. I could see that the kids really enjoyed the lesson as they were attentive and having fun doing the group activity.
If I ever get to teach SS, I hope my students will not be turned off by the subject. SS is something so new to me, content and all. My fellow geographers, we all must press on and not die halfway. :P Speaking of which, my SS lesson plans for Kenneth! I need to think about how I am going to teach!! Arghh..Stress comes when you are least prepared for it.
The other lesson I got to observe was my CT's lesson on scrambled eggs. Well, it basically involves the students trying to piece the pieces together and getting the sequence of events right from the strips in front of them. The kids really had fun doing the activity, this sec 2 class. I think what I observed was the rapport with the kids. My CT had excellent rapport with his classes. As Ms Yee had pointed out earlier, rapport with students is important. She even prides it above her relationship with her colleagues. It is indeed challenging to build rapport with a class that has obviously established good rapport with my CT. This practicum is bringing me alot of challenges that I have never faced before, not even in my school experience at AHS. I still miss the kids there. Lovable, adorable, SUPER MOTIVATED. Week 1 of sch experience-all could finish filling in the summaries for the entire lit text in 1 lesson. I miss teaching them.
enlightened apvunsoul- 5:13 PM |