//CSS CODES
//Main
Lessins. In glassrooms. Prisons. Some of the terms my kids use to refer to school. Ha ha. One went as far as to suggest that whether you are in express or normal academic or normal technical is a matter of which prison is worse. Woah. Dear kids..you are so interesting, you make my teaching experience so fun.
From perpetually sleeping queens to rude swaggering bengs to kids who gang up against me, I still have this much to say..Thank you to all of you for making my time with you fruitful. let's try the 6 steps of the emotional map..here goes..
Dear students, I feel angry when you sleep in my class and show no respect by doing Maths in my class. Or doing Art, or anything except my subject.
I feel angry when you use expletives in class and show me all kinds of attitudes. I feel hurt when you put my notes aside, or let them drop to the floor to be crushed or stepped on.
To be discarded. I feel fearful that I have not done enough as your teacher, that whatever I do is not enough to motivate you, to help you improve in my subject.
I feel pangs of regrets when I see the fail grades as I enter them into the system. I feel so sad to enter columns of fail marks.
Can't you SEE? I started off idealistic..I started off with a dream to want to see improvement, despite the fact that some of you are repeat students.
It does not matter and it does not mean you are stupid. I've never thought of you all as STUPID or slow. I constantly ask myself if there is anything more that I can do to help.
I really hope to work out something with all of you. Let us work hard to clear this year together so we can all go to the next level, shall we? The greatest joy a teacher can ever have is to see the improvement in studies n attitude of the students. That is my aim, my goal. And I am not quitting. Till i see my dream come to pass. Precious lessons learnt from you all. I the student, you the teacher.
enlightened apvunsoul- 6:07 AM |