//CSS CODES
//Main
Took one student out after the lesson ended and had a talk with him regarding his behaviour and attitude in class. Told him exactly how I felt about his (rude) attitude towards me within class time and outside of class. Here's the background story. Not revealing names or anything. We held a grave meeting last year to determine if this student could advance to the next level, and I readily opted for him to be promoted because I see no point in holding a student back for one year for failing by 2 percent.
Of course there was a fierce debate back then about whether or not to let him go to the next level. Eventually he was, much to the displeasure of some of the teachers. I happened to follow the class to where they are now, and no I do not regret my decision to want to take them, because despite their rowdiness, some of them catch concepts really fast, and they are still a delight to teach. Even if my outward mannerisms seem to contradict what I type here.
Anyway, I spoke to him and told him why I was unhappy. I told him of the consequences(albeit very unpleasant ones) if he continued in this manner. He just nodded and apologised but I am not sure if he really was repentant. FORGIVE me for the lack of faith I have in my students nowadays. It's just...my heart has been broken countless times that restoration takes alot of faith to hope for. Only time will tell if this batch of students will indeed shine through and pull through their N levels.
Did I also mention that 2.5 years is a long time to await? I'm hanging. I'm quite sure I won;t want to stay on.
enlightened apvunsoul- 4:36 AM |